Don't let your insurance company fool you! Know your rights...
In the state of California, YOU as the insured individual have the right to choose a repair facility of YOUR choice. We have heard time and time again that insurance companies will try and fool their customers into believing that the customer is required to take their vehicle into the repair facility that THEY choose (so they pay the agreed lower prices with that specified shop). However, this could not be further from the truth. The below snippet is taken straight out of California legislation and states clearly that the insured person has the right to choose the auto body repair shop of his or her choice. Remember to stand up for your rights!
"(b) (1) This section does not limit the right of an insured to select, or prohibit an insured from selecting, the auto body repair shop or other repair facility to repair the damaged vehicle"
- DIVISION 1. GENERAL RULES GOVERNING INSURANCE [100 - 1879.8]
( Division 1 enacted by Stats. 1935, Ch. 145. )
PART 1. THE CONTRACT [100 - 679.74]
( Part 1 enacted by Stats. 1935, Ch. 145. )
CHAPTER 6. Loss [520 - 580]
( Chapter 6 enacted by Stats. 1935, Ch. 145. )
• We care about YOU more than anything else! Customer service is our #1 priority.
• We will send out a tow truck to come pick you and your vehicle up, immediately
• We KNOW your car! We specialize in all European makes and models and have certified technicians on staff to ensure proper repairs EVERY time
• If you can't afford your deductible, don't worry... just give us a call and we will try our best to work with you!
• We work with ALL insurance companies and can answer any of your insurance related questions
• We work closely with Enterprise Rent-A-Car™! We will Get you picked up and into a rental car right away, no hassle!
• Brand new facility in the heart of Orange County, CA!
• Our knowledgeable and caring staff will make sure your car is handled with the highest quality and care in the industry (just ask any of our previous customers!)
• Our 5 Star rating across the board speaks for itself...
Insurance policies usually cover two types of damage, collision and comprehensive.
COMPREHENSIVE - This type of damage generally will not increase your insurance premium (check your insurance policy and contact your insurance company to verify this). Generally comprehensive damage is defined by damage that takes place that is "out of your control". In the state of California, your insurance premium cannot be increased by your insurance company for comprehensive damage claims. You may or may not still be liable to pay your comprehensive deductible based on the type of damage and if there is any evidence or not of the damage taking place. The following are just a few examples of comprehensive damage:
- Repairs glass damage including windshield chips or cracks.
- Covers contact with an animal, most commonly deer.
- It provides protection against storm damage including wind, hail, and flood.
- Repairs damage from vandals keying your car, breaking into your car, or even theft. (police reports may be required)
COLLISION - This type of damage may only increase your premium if your insurance defines you as over 49% at fault. Generally your insurance will fight with the other party's insurance to come to a final conclusion as to which party was at majority fault. Your insurance premium may not increase if you are not considered majority at fault. In the case that you are not at fault, you will also not be required to be responsible to pay your collision deductible. If you are not at fault and the insurance company has not come to a conclusion, and does so half way through your repair, your collision deductible will immediately be waived and your insurance company will collect the payment for damages from the other party's insurance. If the final conclusion happens after you have already picked up your vehicle and you have already paid your deductible and you are found "not at fault" for the accident then your insurance will reimburse you for your deductible and collect that payment from the "at fault" party's insurance.
- Collision repairs damage when two vehicles in drive or reverse collide with each other.
- It covers damage to your vehicle when you hit ice and slide into an inanimate object.
- Collision covers pothole damage.
We work with all insurance companies!
Starting the process is SUPER simple. Bring your vehicle into our facility for an initial inspection. Once your vehicle is here we will walk you through the process of opening a claim with your insurance company.
Most general insurance policies cover rental cars for a period of 15-30 days of repair. Whether or not your auto insurance covers your rental car can easily be found on your insurance policy.
If it is covered, we will make sure to get you picked up by and set up with our local Enterprise Rent-A-Car within minutes of your arrival! No Uber or Lyft necessary!
Here at SSR Autobody we take GREAT pride in offering the best of the best when it comes to our quality and customer service. A large part of that is our unbeatable warranty!
We offer a LIFETIME warranty on all paint / refinish as well as a 1 year / 10,000 mile warranty on all mechanical repairs.
Copyright © 2020 SSR Autobody - All Rights Reserved.
(800) 438-2808 , 590 W Freedom Ave, Orange, 92865